Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Using the Flower Tags to Embellish Scrapbook Layouts.........




Another scrapbook layout from our trip to the Big Island of Hawai'i! This one shows us at South Point, the Southernmost point in the US...it was sooo windy there, and barren, dried yellow grasses caught in the dark reddish brown lava flows, and the ocean was blue as a sapphire!


I used some of the items from my Little Red Cottage on this layout.....I used a flower tag (sadly, this one is out of stock at the moment!) but you can see the other four delicious colors available right now on the front page of my shop...just click HERE. Each tag has 12 to 14 layers of beautiful silk flowers just ready to be taken apart and made into lots of other flowers for your paper crafting..........or leave the entire handmade tag as is, and it's a wonderful addition to a gift bag, I have used them just like this, and they are a huge hit! Also.........you can see how I used the tiny orange posies in the centers of the other flowers....I just took a pair of tweezers, and rolled up their wire green stems into a swirly vine shape! For the big flower on the layout, I layered with some extras from my stash, and a nice chunky rhinestone!

No comments: